1) Money. I know it's in short supply, at least at my house, but if you have some extra to support the cause - I strongly urge you to help out. Between renovations, staff and security - getting this off the ground is a major undertaking and those willing to take it on deserve our help.
2) If you live in the Wichita area - contact your city council member. BE POLITE! Rage while understandable and justifiable, isn't going to help the cause. Simply explain to your council member that you support the opening of South Wind and feel there is a need for comprehensive women's health care in this city.
3) Talk to your family and friends. A lot of people are afraid to identify as pro-choice, especially in this town. People have this misconception that there are so many more antis than there are of us and I really don't think that the the case. They are just much more vocal and are given a lot of free publicity/air time by our local press.
4) Letters to the Editor - a simple statement of support for the clinic and the cause.
5) If you are not currently happy with your reproductive health care provider, make a commitment to start going to South Wind as soon as it opens. It is up to the women of this community to take a stand, we need to value providers that respect us. Respect our right to determine our lives. Providers that Trust Women!
ProChoice Kansas fully supports the opening of this clinic. It is desperately needed in this community, both from a medical perspective and from a psychological one. The loss we suffered as a community when Dr. Tiller was assassinated is not really something that can ever be healed. But we can go on and guarantee women the health care that we know he would have wanted for them.